This intensive one-day workshop provides a high level overview of the end-to-end sourcing process.
This workshop aims to equip participants with an overview of the strategic sourcing process. It explores roles, key activities and methods used to drive value from the procurement process.
This course is designed for:
The workshop will benefit those who are involved in the procurement/sourcing process and who perform activities that are part of the sourcing process. In particular this course will benefit people who are new to procurement or sourcing or who may require a ‘refresher’.
There will be pre- and post-workshop activities totalling about 90 minutes additional workload, as the workshop is founded upon 70/20/10 principles. The pre-workshop activity will stimulate thought about the role of a category manager in contributing to organisational results. The workshop will be led by an experienced facilitator, and will include nine sessions involving exercises, case studies, presentations and facilitated discussions. The post-workshop activity will seek to reinforce the learning and to maximise the transfer of knowledge from the workshop to the workplace.
Benefits of attending:
Attendance will help raise awareness of the sourcing process and the tools that may be used.
As well as this, delegates will gain three key benefits from attending:
- More appreciation of the importance of planning to deliver better outcomes.
- More appreciation of the tools and other resources available to support strategic sourcing.
- Awareness of ‘tips and traps’ of how to deliver a procurement process that drives outcomes and value for money.
Key learning outcomes
- Describe the strategic sourcing process and identify the ways in which value may be created (or lost) through effective (or ineffective) management of the sourcing process.
- Identify the relationships that the sourcing team need to establish with internal and external stakeholders, including category managers.
- Identify the tools and resources that are appropriate at each phase of the strategic sourcing process.
- Relate strategic sourcing and category management to the end-to-end procurement process.
Open Training Dates
For Individuals who are ready to take their skill-set to a whole new level.
Training for your whole team
Deliver practical know-how to your team with tailored content to address your
specific business requirements.