This intensive half-day workshop will help you design your procurement strategy based on insights from spend analysis.
This intensive half-day workshop helps practitioners interpret procurement data and identify the next steps. The next steps may include further analysis, or the identification of opportunities to inform procurement strategy.
This course is designed for:
This workshop is designed for analysts and/or procurement staff involved in spend and/or data analysis.
This is a practical half-day session on data analysis where participants will identify the key insights that will inform subsequent strategy development and analysis of spend data.
Including Situation target proposal and other frameworks which help in structuring communications about insights within the data.
Benefits of attending
Participation will help accelerate progress from producing charts to the identification of the implications of the data.
As well as this, delegates will gain three key benefits from attending:
- More clarity about latent opportunities within the spend data
- More confidence about the next steps
- Less time wasted on non value-adding analysis
Key learning outcomes
By the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Describe the seven dimensions of spend analysis
- Describe five key insights that inform most procurement strategies
- Identify best practice in spend analysis dashboards
From data to conclusions or vice versa? The difference between ‘top down’ and ‘bottom up’ analysis
The seven dimensions of spend analysis
The key questions that need to be asked for each dimension:
- How many different solutions to the same need?
- What is the total spend and how is it distributed among the variants?
- How many different suppliers, and what is the spend by supplier?
- Who buys, and how many different (economic) buyers are there?
- What purchasing methods are used?
- What is the timing and trend in our demand?
- What is the pricing associated with our purchases?