This workshop aims to equip delegates with practical methodologies to manage their category from end- to-end.
This intensive workshop explores the tools, techniques and methods of category management, and will explore how value may be created and lost throughout the category management process.
This course is designed for:
The workshop will benefit category managers who need to develop category plans and deliver better outcomes from category management for their organisation.
A practical two-day workshop consisting of nine session involving exercises, case studies, presentations and trainer-facilitated discussions. Each of the sessions will be led by an experienced facilitator and will feature the key principles and practical methods which may be used in the procurement process, together with practical case study sessions to maximise the transfer from the workshop to the workplace.
Benefits of attending
Attendance will equip delegates with the tools, techniques and methods that category managers can deploy at the various stages of the category management process.
As well as this participants will gain three key benefits from attending:
- More appreciation of the role of the category manager in facilitating the end-to-end process; what tools, techniques and methods are appropriate at each phase?
- More confidence in the deployment of specific tools which may be appropriate at each phase
- Less likelihood that the category management process will be undermined through role conflict, or the adoption of inappropriate strategies or approaches
Key learning outcomes
- Describe the end to end category management process and identify the activities and tools that may be used at each phase of the process
- Describe the role of the category manager during the process and give examples of how value may be added at each phase
- Develop category plans for a range of different levels of complexity and match the degree of rigour to the complexity of the category
- Distinguish between purchasing, sourcing, procurement and category management and be capable of pitching the benefits of category management to stakeholders
- Develop strategies to manage demand as well as supplier performance and demonstrate appropriate behaviours to achieve desired category outcomes
Open Training Dates
For Individuals who are ready to take their skill-set to a whole new level.
|13th, 14th, 19th and 20th October||4 days 1 x 4 hr session per day 10am-2pm|| Call
now to book >> |
|1st, 2nd, 6th and 7th December||4 days 1 x 4 hr session per day 10am-2pm|| Call
now to book >> |
Training for your whole team
Deliver practical know-how to your team with tailored content to address your
specific business requirements.