Often when dealing with procurement & supply management conflict, it is the result of people having differing needs, opinions, expectations and importantly different perspectives. The reality of conflict is that in any human relationship it is inevitable, if handled well, conflict provides a powerful avenue for significant growth. Conflict resolution involves recognising and managing the particular conflict. This is an essential part of building emotional intelligence, and nurturing relationships.
This course is designed for
This course will be of benefit for all delegates involved in managing challenging suppliers and contracts. These may include strategy, planning and resource managers, service delivery managers, contracts personnel, operations and divisional managers and most importantly procurement and purchasing managers.
Six sessions delivered over a full day in a facilitated classroom format. This course utilises workbooks, case studies and real world procurement experience. A role play exercise is conducted at the end of a course, to gather in the learning, and to assess how well the participants have understood the training.
Benefits of attending
This course is a vital step to better procurement outcomes. It will equip you with more understanding to ensure procurement decisions:
- Resolve workplace conflict and build a common understanding and framework for working through challenging conflict situations
- Develop conflict resolution strategies for quickly and effectively recognising, resolving and preventing conflict
- Incorporate a structured and consistent process when dealing with suppliers
Key learning outcomes
- Gain a thorough understanding of the sources, causes and types of conflict
- Master all six phases of the conflict resolution process
- Learn to apply conflict resolution approaches
- Learn how to use parts of the conflict resolution process to recognise and prevent conflict before it escalates
- Develop communication tools such as agreement frames and open questions