This workshop aims to develop participants existing capability in planning and executing negotiation. It explores the context of the relationship and the strategies and behaviours that underpin negotiating better outcomes.
This intensive two-day workshop explores the context and processes of the negotiation process at an advanced level. There will be pre and post workshop activities totalling about 40 minutes additional workload, as the workshop is founded upon 70/20/10 principles.
This course is designed for:
The workshop will benefit those involved in commercial negotiations who wish to develop their existing capability in managing negotiation processes. This will be of particular benefit to those involved in high risk or high value arrangements.
The pre-workshop activity will stimulate thought about the importance of negotiation in contributing to outcomes from the sourcing process. The workshop will be led by an experienced facilitator, and will include a number of sessions involving exercises, case studies and facilitated discussions. The post-workshop activity will seek to reinforce the learning and to maximise the transfer from the workshop to the workplace.
Benefits of attending
Attendance will help develop existing capability in negotiation, and in the tools that may be used.
As well as this participants will gain three key benefits from attending:
- Greater appreciation of how to relate negotiation to the context of the party’s relationships
- More capability in preparing for negotiation and executing those plans
- Less likelihood of the negotiation process failing to realise the planned objectives
Key learning outcomes
- Design and implement negotiation plans for a variety of different relationship types
- Develop negotiation plans relevant to realising business objectives
- Lead the negotiation process and adopt appropriate behaviours at each phase
- Demonstrate a variety of persuasion methods and deploy them appropriately during negotiations