This intensive half-day workshop will help you design your procurement strategy based on insights from spend analysis.
This workshop explores practical ways to use data to improve organisational efficiency and competiveness as well as learning how to stand out through your approach and delivery. This workshop is designed for analysts, category managers or other staff who develop procurement strategies. As well those who are curious in nature, enjoy problem solving and prefer an exploratory approach to knowledge.
This course is designed for:
This workshop is designed for analysts, category managers or other staff who develop procurement strategies.
This is a practical half-day workshop exploring practical examples of building procurement strategies from data insights. The content, range and how insights of procurement strategies inform procurement strategies will also be explored.
Benefits of attending
Participation will help avoid ‘cookie-cutter’ strategies that do not align with the insights in the data.
As well as this participants will gain three key benefits from attending:
- more alignment between procurement strategy and defensible facts
- more likelihood that benefits can be related back to the procurement strategy
- less chance that the strategy is not appropriate for the category
Key learning outcomes
By the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify the key elements of a procurement strategy
- Align strategies to the character of organizational demand
- Create defensible strategies that are based upon actual data
- What is typically included in a procurement strategy?
- What are the choices that need to be made in a procurement strategy?
- The link between spend analysis, procurement strategy and benefits realization
- Sources of value from the procurement process beyond price reduction
- Matching the value opportunity to the insights from spend analysis
- Importance of understanding the bounds of power and developing procurement strategy
- Practical example of building a procurement strategy from data insights